- Enables printing from cloud and mobile devices
- True enabler of BYOD scenarios with outstanding security features
- Offer businesses precise color matching and exceptional image quality
- Help workplaces of all sizes increase productivity and sustainability efforts
ConnectKey is the new operating system and software for Xerox multifunction printers (MFPs). It is designed for one purpose: to simplify the way work gets done. ConnectKey MFPs offer flexibility, simplicity and security – all of which allows businesses to focus more on what matters most: Real Business
The ConnectKey MFPs do much more than print, scan, fax and copy.
- One can print from just about any device from anywhere.
- Documents can be scanned directly to cloud services like Google Drive, Evernote, Office 365 for storage and collaboration – right from the MFP touch screen
- The new common user interface also allows anyone in the workforce to easily connect into the company’s business processes
- For IT professionals, this common user interface as well as embedded security protection from McAfee allows MFPs to be managed and protected as easily as the rest of the network
- The ConnectKey MFP platform has an open API system. That means sales channel partners, systems integrators and resellers can develop applications and embed them on the MFP with no additional software requirements
Hyderabad, August 12, 2013
Hyderabad, August 12, 2013– Xerox India, a part of Xerox Corporation, the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management services, today introduced a series of multifunction printers (MFPs) enabled with the new Xerox ConnectKey™ software that is designed to simplify how work gets done. The newly introduced WorkCentre 7800 and 5800 ConnectKey MFP series is enabled with industry first embedded security protection from McAfee, giving IT managers more control and peace of mind in “bring your own device” (BYOD) workplaces. These devices also have an extra layer of security with Cisco’s TrustSec that protects data paths to and from the devices.
Xerox ConnectKey MFPs offer mobile printing and scanning solutions that integrate fully with cloud-based technologies and mobile devices. These devices provide the benefits of enhanced convenience, increased productivity and a more cost-effective infrastructure. These devices also come loaded with features such as scan to editable format, cost control by managing power consumption and user’s permission for printing, single touch scanning and enhanced and simpler user interface. Xerox’s ConnectKey features include the ability to scan and upload documents to cloud repositories, send business-critical documents directly into workflow processes and print securely and easily from any mobile device, thus truly enabling BYOD scenarios.
Commenting at the launch, Mr Vipin Tuteja, Executive Director, Technology, Channels & International Business, Xerox India said, “Xerox has always been at the forefront when it comes to identifying market transitions and product innovation. We keep innovating and introducing products and services that are aptly suited for the mobile workforce of today. ConnectKey reiterates our focus on innovation.”
He also added, “Today’s professionals need to operate beyond their office hours. Keeping that in mind, ConnectKey™ multifunction printers offer fully integrated mobile, scanning and cloud-based solutions. ConnectKey enabled MFPs come armored with many industry first features and connect the critical aspects of the future workforce- cloud, mobility, BYOD and security.”
The Product Highlights WorkCentre 7830/7835/ 7845/7855 MFPs
- Offer 1200 x 2400 dpi, while advanced print heads with Digital Image Registration Control Technology ensure precise control over color matching
- Produce print speeds up to 55 ppm and include a high-capacity feeder that holds 2,000 sheets of paper
- Come with the Earth Smart setting, and helps businesses cut energy consumption with Xerox’s EA Toner which produces high quality images using less toner per page and lower temperatures during printing.
WorkCentre 5845/5855/ 5865/5875/5890 MFPs
- Print and copy at up to 45 and 55 pages-per-minute (ppm) (5845/5855 MFPs). 90 ppm for businesses with higher print volumes (5865/5875/5890 MFPs)
- Can scan full-color documents at up to 200 images per minute
- Come with a more efficient toner – one that provides superior image quality, lasts longer, and is easily replaceable by any user in the office, decreasing both maintenance and downtime
- Several environmentally sensitive features include ENERGY STAR® specifications, a power save option that conserves electricity, and Xerox’s Earth Smart setting to help users select the most environmentally conscious print options
The Xerox WorkCentre® 7800 and 5800 series are now available all over India and priced at XXX
With sales approaching $23 billion, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its technology, expertise and services enable workplaces – from small businesses to large global enterprises – to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. The 140,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com, http://news.xerox.com or http://www.realbusiness.com. For investor information, visit http://www.xerox.com/investor.